Benefits of GST Registration in India & Documents Required for GST Registration.
GST is an indirect tax that is levied on goods as well as services. All the existing state and central indirect taxes are subsumed under the GST. It is applicable throughout the country. It is also referred to as “GST as One Nation One Tax”.
Beneﬁts of availing GST registering:
1) Under this system, a single product is taxed at the same rate in every corner of the country, hence deciding the applicable GST rate has been made easy.
2) Proper accounting of taxes on input goods or services can be utilized by the business for the payment of GST that is due on supply of goods or services or both.
3) Tax can legally be collected from purchasers and the credit of the taxes paid on the goods or services supplied can be passed on to purchasers or recipients.
4) It is a simpler process, and involves lesser compliances.
5) There is a common portal for various requirements such as registration, making tax
payments, refunds, and returns.
6) The Composite Scheme and its tax beneﬁts can be availed by the entrepreneurs
whose turnover is within the prescribed limit.
7) Businesses prefer to choose GST registered entrepreneurs over unregistered entrepreneurs so as to avail the beneﬁts of input tax credit.
List of documents required for GST registration:
(What are the required documents for GST registration?)
1. Photograph of the applicant
2. ID Proof (Any two)
a. PAN CARD (Compulsory)
b. Aadhar Card
c. Election Card
3. Constitution document:
a. Proprietor: Shop Act Registration/Intimation.
b. Partnership Firm: Partnership Deed, Certiﬁcate of Incorporation in case of LLP
c. Company (Private Ltd/OPC, Public Company): Certiﬁcate of Incorporation
4. Proof of Principal Place of Business
a. Owned: Property Tax paid receipt, Light Bill, Sale deed, Index II (Any one)
b. Rented: Registered rent Agreement, Light bill
5. Bank Account of Business (Any one)
a. Cancelled Cheque
b. Copy of Bank Statement
c. First page of Pass Book
6. Address Proof of Residence (Any one)
a. Light Bill
b. Telephone Bill
c. Property Tax paid receipt